Submissions are now closed.
11:59 pm Tuesday, April 30 EDT (USA)
2:59 am, Wednesday, May 1 May 1 (AU)
All submissions will be received digitally.
Call for Entries
GNSI members are encouraged to enter their works into the juried exhibition.
- 2 pieces of art per member
- Produced within the past 5 years
- Not accepted into previous GNSI Annual Conference Members Exhibits
- Must be a member of GNSI or AIMBI in good standing.
Not a Member?
Join us https://gnsi.org/join and https://aimbi.org.au/join-aimbi/
- Illustration - please stipulate whether traditional, digital or mixed media
- Photography - please detail camera, lens, post-production processes - these can include a blend of digital illustration and photography
Subject Matter Limits:
Science and Nature.
Digital projection at Queensland Museum, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Also Online and at Women’s College, University Of Queensland, St Lucia Campus, Brisbane.
- Minimum of 2000px in the longest dimension
- Sculpture: one object can have 2 image views entered to fill the entry form (representing only 1 entry)
- Image formats: JPG (80/100 quality or better), PNG, TIFF
- File size: 5MB or less
- Animation Submissions: MOV, MP4, in 720p or 1080p. Submit still image representation and provide a link to animation file. Sill Image size limit 5MB.
- Interactive Submissions: Flash, 3D objects, etc. Submit still image representation and provide a link to the interactive file. Sill Image size limit 5MB.
Prepare a short 100-150 word description of your project so Jurors will have context on materials, assignment goals, research, and client.
Notification of Acceptance:
June 5, 2019 (by email)
Please read the terms of submission:
I GIVE MY PERMISSION OR HAVE OBTAINED THE PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER, FOR ACCEPTED ARTWORK TO BE USED FOR GNSI CONFERENCE AND EXHIBIT’S PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES SUCH AS BROCHURES, POSTERS, PROMOTION ARTICLES AND NEWS MEDIA; PROMOTION OF THE GNSI ORGANIZATION'S WEBSITE, AS WELL AS A PRINTED OR ON·LINE EXHIBIT CATALOG. ONLINE IMAGES WILL BE WATERMARKED IF DISPLAYED AT HIGH RESOLUTION. (SUBMISSION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONDITIONS)
For general exhibit inquires contact Amelia Janes.
For form or submission issues contact Sally Brown.
Who can apply?
Open to all GNSI and AIMBI members in good standing.
How many pieces can I enter?
2 entries per member. The Jury can select one, both or none.
When will the exhibit take place?
July 1st – 7th 2019, and online.
Where will the artwork be viewed?
There will be an opening reception at Queensland Museum, July 1st, 2019. A slideshow will be shown on screens in the foyer, July 1st - 7th. Accepted pieces will also appear on http://www.GNSI.org .
How can I apply?
There is no fee to enter. Submit your entries here: Online Exhibit Submission Form.